Learn How to Develop iPhone Apps
Everything is surprisingly straight forward. Apple makes it as easy as possible for potential developers. Possibly so that iOS apps remain better than competing mobile apps. Whatever the reason it is good for anyone who wants to give app making a go!
So, if you want to create apps all you will need is:
- A fairly new Apple computer;
- Time to invest into learning;
- A reasonable knowledge of computers (you won’t need to have done previous programming – although that will make it easier for you to pick up the concepts in these tutorials);
- and to make a start!
You have to complete four steps, then you will be a proficient app developer:
- Use Apple’s tutorial to set up all the software you will require.
- Once you have installed Xcode and had a little bit of a play around on it, then you will need to learn Objective C Coding. The easiest way to do this is to follow Bucky’s free Objective C Programming video tutorials. You may feel as if though you are learning very slowly, and instead want to jump straight into making your app, but these skills are vital to creating a well made app. If you take shortcuts you will not learn the skills you need to develop apps which will sell in the App Store.
- After you have completed those free lessons to learn Objective C Coding you will need to learn how to implement that knowledge. Again our friend Bucky has developed free iPhone Development video tutorials. After completing all of Bucky’s tutorials you will be able to create basic iPhone applications.
- You will require further training to become a proficient developer. You will need to buy an entry level, current and professional book such as Learning iOS Programming by Alasdair Allan, and work your way through it. At the end of such a book you will be ready to market and sell your first app.
It is highly recommended that if you are serious about developing apps, you move into professional books. Working through iOS 6 programming by Matt Neuberg for example would leave you highly competent to comlete almost any iOS app project you can dream of. It may take a while for you to learn everything, but be patient. Completing all the tutorials is almost like learn the rules to chess. It still takes further time and practise to become an expert player. But if you can understand 80% or 90% of those tutorials, then you will have the skills to create a majority of the apps currently available on the App Store. Follow the steps and at the end of them you will be able to create brilliant apps.
If you have found this helpful or interesting, then please do us the small favor of clicking some of the share buttons below. I’ll give you a high five if you do.